The island of Corfu (or Kerkira or Kerkyra or Korfu) is connected with the ports of Igoumenitsa (1-1:30 hours), as well as the ports of Bari, Venice, Ancona and Brindisi in Italy and Agioi Saranta in Albania. Especially during the summer months the island is also connected with most European capitals with charter flights. The island of Corfu is a favorable tourist destination as well as a cultural hub of the Mediterranean attracting visitors from all over the world. Corfu is the queen of the Ionian Islands (Lefkada, Kefalonia and Zakynthos).This beautiful island in the Ionian sea can be reached both by sea and by air.
- Corfu’s International Airport or Ioannis Kapodistrias airport(CFU) is directly connected with Athens’s international airport Elefterios Venizelos(ATH) with frequent flights lasting approximately 45 minutes.
- Corfu’s International Airport or Ioannis Kapodistrias airport(CFU) is directly connected with Thessaloniki ‘s international airport Macedonia(SKG) with four times a week flights lasting 1 hour.
- Preveza (PVK) airport is connected 130 Km from Igoumenitsa and 1-1:30 hours by boat and also directly with Corfu’s International Airport or Ioannis Kapodistrias airport(CFU) with five times a week flights lasting 30 minutes.
- Kefalonia’s International Airport(EFL) is connected with Corfu’s International Airport or Ioannis Kapodistrias airport(CFU) with five times a week flights lasting 1hour and 30 minutes.
- Zakynthos International Airport”Dionysios Solomos”(ZTH) is connected with Corfu’s International Airport or Ioannis Kapodistrias airport(CFU) with five times a week flights lasting 2 hours.
- Sitia Airport (SJH) is connected with Corfu’s International Airport or Ioannis Kapodistrias airport(CFU) with three times a week flights lasting 5 hours.
- Ioannina is 78 km from Igoumenitsa and 1-1:30 hours by boat.
Seasonal flights to Corfu (CFU) airport
(April to October)
- Aegean Airlines (Athens)
- Aer Lingus (Dublin)
- Air Berlin (Düsseldorf, Munich, Stuttgart, Innsbruck)
- Astra Airlines(Thessaloniki)
- Austrian Airlines (Vienna)
- Aviolet (Belgrade)
- Blue Express (Rome-Fiumicino)
- British Airways (London -Heathrow)
- Condor (Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Leipzig/Halle,Munich, Stuttgart)
- Corendon Dutch Airlines (Amsterdam)
- Easyjet (Amsterdam,Berlin-Schönefeld, Bristol, London-Gatwick, London–Luton, Manchester, Milan-Malpensa, Naples, Newcastle upon Tyne , Paris-Charles de Gaulle)
- Edelweiss Air(Zürich)
- Ellinair(Bari, Kiev-Boryspil, Moscow-Sheremetyevo, Riga, Rostov-on-Don,Saint Petersburg)
- Germania(Bremen, Erfurt/Weimar)
- Germanwings(Cologne/Bonn, Dresden, Stuttgart)
- Israir(Tel Aviv)
- Jet Time(Copenhagen, Oslo–Gardermoen)
- Jet2.com(East Midlands, Glasgow, Leeds/Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne)
- Lubeck Air / Air Alsie - Rhomberg Reisen (Salzburg-Austria), every Thurday
- Mistral Air(Bari, Naples)
- Niki(Graz, Linz, Salzburg, Vienna)
- Norwegian Air Shuttle(London–Gatwick, Helsinki,Trondheim)
- Novair(Gothenburg–Landvetter, Stockholm–Arlanda)
- Olympic Air(Athens)
- Sky Express(Cephalonia,Preveza)
SkyScanner.com is also very useful presenting flights from many different cities around Europe .
Scheduled flights via Athens (ATH)
- Then direct flight to Corfu’s International Airport or Ioannis Kapodistrias airport(CFU) via Aegean Airlines (every day per week), Olympic Air(every day per week) and Ryanair(three days per week,Wed, Fri, Sun)
- or then bus Athens - Corfu (3 times a day, 6 hours trip,plus 1.5 hour of ship) from Kifisos Intercity bus Station (KTEL tel. Corfu bus station :+30 26613 28900).
- or rent a car Car Rentals
By car or boat
From Venise port, Ancône, Bari or Brindisi in Italy then boat to Igoumenitsa. Several daily departurtes all the year long.
Book your ferry tickets:
Many regular interior lines in Greece - KTEL
- From Athens
- From Thessaloniki
- From Igoumenitsa
- From Patras
- From Preveza and more
If you need any help, please Contact Us.