Zakynthos - nature at its bests
Zakynthos, also known as Zante, is a stunning Greek island located in the Ionian Sea. Known for its crystal-clear waters, white sand beaches, and rugged cliffs, Zakynthos is a popular destination for foreign travelers seeking a unique and memorable vacation experience. The island is easily accessible via plane or ferry, and offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. access to Zakynthos
For beach lovers, Zakynthos offers some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, including Navagio Beach, also known as Shipwreck Beach, which is only accessible by boat. Visitors can also explore the island's picturesque villages, such as Volimes and Keri, where they can enjoy traditional Greek cuisine and hospitality. Additionally, Zakynthos is home to several historical and cultural landmarks, including the Byzantine Museum and the Monastery of St. Dionysios, which provide a glimpse into the island's rich history and heritage. With its breathtaking natural beauty and vibrant culture, Zakynthos is the perfect destination for foreign travelers seeking an unforgettable Greek island experience.
Must Visits in Zakynthos:
- Navagio Beach - This stunning beach is one of the most famous spots on Zakynthos and is a must-visit for all tourists. The beach is known for its crystal-clear waters and dramatic cliffs, as well as the rusted shipwreck that lies on the shore. The beach is only accessible by boat, adding to the sense of adventure and excitement.
- Blue Caves - These stunning sea caves are located on the northern coast of Zakynthos and are known for their bright blue waters and unique rock formations. Visitors can take a boat tour to explore the caves and admire the natural beauty of this unique geological wonder.
- Keri Lighthouse - Located on the southern coast of the island, the Keri Lighthouse offers stunning views of the sea and the surrounding countryside. The lighthouse is a popular spot for watching the sunset and is a must-visit for all tourists.
- Marathonisi Island - This small island off the coast of Zakynthos is known for its pristine beaches and turquoise waters. Visitors can take a boat tour to the island and spend the day lounging on the beach or swimming in the clear waters.
- Zakynthos Town - The capital of the island, Zakynthos Town is a charming and picturesque city that is steeped in history and culture. Visitors can explore the narrow streets and alleys of the town, visit the museums and historical landmarks, and enjoy the local cuisine and hospitality.
- Gerakas Beach - This beautiful beach is located on the southern coast of the island and is known for its soft white sand and clear blue waters. The beach is also an important nesting site for loggerhead sea turtles, making it a popular spot for wildlife enthusiasts.
- Agios Sostis - This small village on the southern coast of the island is known for its traditional architecture and stunning views of the sea. Visitors can enjoy a leisurely stroll through the village, visit the local shops and cafes, and take in the beautiful scenery of this charming Greek village.